Friday, October 18, 2013

Kangaroo hunting in Perth

Spent the past 10 days in Perth, Western Australia. Most of the days I worked, came in and out of the airport so many times I made new friends in the form of cute, drool-worthy immigration officers. Most of my non work-related waking hours was spent finding things to do around the resort. Unfortunately, we didn't have a proper day off, so no trips to the city or Fremantle, seafood paradise. I managed to squeeze in ONE day in the city, bunking in at a colleague's who was lucky enough to be placed in Mercure hotel. 

Was caught off-guard by the weather too. Thinking it was approaching summer, the weather in Perth was going to be hot and humid like Darwin was last week. I WAS WRONG. It was FUH-REEZING, I don't even... and I only packed a hoodie. Well done, Intan. Next trip would be longer, with more places to cover. I am taking my whole house with me.

10 days, 10 pictures!



1// Beautiful view from outside my room at The Vines, Novotel.
2// My attempts to eat healthy. Chicken tacos, lotsa greens and apple juice.
3// Derence, my partner in crime.
4// Bad ass rule breaking in Perth city
5// Changed rooms, new view of the tennis courts. One of those lazy stay-in evenings.
6// Pigging out on room service after a particularly trying day, with a good read on the side.
7// Went Kangaroo hunting. There were TONS of them on the resort grounds. Wild ones, and they usually mind their own business and run away when we get close. These two kangaroos were bitch-slapping each other. Nasty.
8// Tried playing chess but failing miserably, ended up knocking down all the pieces just for fun... then jump into the jacuzzi. We are horrible people.
9// Found a lone dandelion flower. Feeling whimsical. LAST DAY IN PERTH!
10// Home bound, cruising at 56,000 ft.

No comments:

Post a Comment