Friday, September 13, 2013

Me, myself and that girl sitting by the window.


I am quite an awkward creature whereby I'd shy away from taking a photo ALONE, offering to be the one TAKING the photo instead. I don't mind really mind candid shots where I don't look so unglam though.


The above picture was taken during one of the best nights last year. 30 of us were in a five star hotel in Kuala Lumpur, getting ready for a wild night out. I still looked pretty decent here (makeup intact, hair un-tousled) because what came after was.......... unforgettable.

The next day while on the bus going home, we were reviewing the photos and this one came up. By then I have completely forgotten the existence of this picture. One friend noted that this was one of the very few photos EVER anyone had of me alone. So while they were wolf whistling and teasing me good-naturedly about it, I was trying very hard to melt into the chair or disappear.... anything to draw myself away from the attention. 

Like every other person on this earth, I indulge in taking self portraits or selfies - that's the in word these days, but I am rather self conscious about the way I look so I don't usually post them. This would probably the only post with SO MANY BLOODY PICTURES OF MYSELF, I promise it won't happen again.

But here's one last picture:


Click here for more #Blogtember posts!

5 comments:

  1. These ARE glam pictures! I know how you feel, I really don't like taking pictures of myself or by myself. But I think that makes this such a good exercise! It builds up confidence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! How bout building confidence in any other way... besides taking selfies? I. just. can't. xD

      Delete
  2. Love this! Be sure to LINK UP on my blog today too!!

    www.styleafterhours.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean, I too am an awkward turtle in front of a camera. But if it's any consolation, I think you look very nice in the pictures - great smile! :D

    ReplyDelete