Wednesday, July 10, 2013

What I Ate Wednesday: Roasted Asparagus and Hollandaise


I tried. I tried so damn hard to make some hollandaise sauce for my eggs. I really tried. Looks like I've got to try harder. The first time we made it, it turned green. This time, the colour was an improvement.. but it came out too watery. I substituted lemon for lime and the taste turned out pretty okay. Maybe I should invest in some cayenne pepper. Note to self : less butter next time.

I also made scrambled egg whites for the first time and I LOVE IT! I had egg whites leftovers from the hollandaise sauce and I knew better than to waste it. It's lighter and fluffier than the normal scrambled eggs, and so yummy.

Paired with oven roasted asparagus and two pieces of pan fried salmon belly, it was a perfect lunch!


No comments:

Post a Comment