Thursday, July 11, 2013

I'm in PIE HEAVEN!


I'm not a huge fan of dessert in general. I find the need to balance the sweetness out with something savoury after. I can't finish an entire bar of chocolate without bouncing off the walls. But I've heard A LOT about Windowsill Pies, and the one time I wanted to get some, they were sold out... So I went to check it out.

The shop's tucked away in a quieter part of Lavender, right opposite Jalan Besar Stadium. It's about a 10-minute walk from the Lavender MRT and it's not really difficult to find. I love how homey the whole place feels. Of course, there's one huge ass windowsill to enjoy your pies at, but it's mostly occupied so Riley and I decided sitting at the corner by the bright yellow fridge would be fine.Plus, the pies were so YUMMY! We decided on these two below and wow, no regrets.


They're both not too heavy, and luckily for me.. the Grasshopper ones had no alcohol. The vodka in the Coconut Lime Vodka were contained in tiny chewy cubes, and the overall pie tasted refreshing. They had savoury items on the menu too, and the Century Egg Sandwich piqued my interest. Alas, we were both too full from Army Market lunch of Prawn Noodles and Char Kway Teow, so I'll save it for another day. I saw pictures of the sandwich though. Looks yummy despite the thought century eggs slices in between buns.


Windowsill Pies
78 Horne Road (nearest MRT: Lavender)

Opening hours:
Tue- Thur: 1100 - 2130
Friday: 1100 - 2230
Saturday: 1000 - 2230
Sunday: 1000 - 2130
Closed on Mondays

x

3 comments:

  1. That looks amazing !! Being a dessert-freak myself, I'm already mouthwatering haha ! The interior's really pretty too ! If only we had a place like this in Belgium (or maybe I haven't discovered it yet ;)) Love your blog, so well-written and such pretty photographs ! :)

    Love,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure Belgium has pretty awesome cafes to hang out at. Thank you for reading and commenting, babe! :D

      Delete
  2. Those pies look delicious! I would go for the Coconut Lime Vodka :)

    ReplyDelete