Wednesday, July 31, 2013

What I Ate Wednesday: Homemade mushroom soup


Back in December 2011, a group of five of us from Singapore decided to make a trip up to Kuala Lumpur to visit our friend Emily. On the last evening of our trip, she had invited us to her beautiful home for dinner. For the life of me, I couldn't remember what we ate... because it was a SPREAD... But the two most memorable ones were her homemade mushroom soup and the yummy, yummy chocolate cake (Was it with cheese? Pardon my bad memory.) 

I loved it so much, I asked Emily for the recipe. 

It's really simple to do, combining mushrooms, onions, garlic and some water or chicken broth in a stock pot. Once sufficiently boiled and all the beautiful flavours have been released, place the mixture into a blender and then.... blend (what else can a blender do, huh) them all into a puree. After it's all pureed up, transfer it back into the pot and thicken the soup with some cream or milk. Add salt and pepper to taste. 

Yum.



2 comments: