Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Weekly Wishes #1

Weekly Wishes #1 : Try a new recipe that has nothing to do with - garlic, mushroom, salmon or broccoli.

I've been feeling rather uninspired lately. Mainly because I've been so stressed over things that I have to get done before 22nd August. I am currently waaaay behind schedule and being so pressured ain't helping me a single bit. 

For months now I've been wanting to try cooking a dish with salted egg yolk after Rasyidah made some. I love the texture and the flavour of salted egg yolks. It's semi coarse and a little salty and tastes nothing like your normal chicken egg yolk. 


Thankfully, I live in Asia hence salted eggs aren't difficult to find. It's cheap too, and mum always have it in the kitchen somewhere. The only problem is that I am too damn lazy to head out and get curry leaves and/or the meat to cook it with! That shall change tomorrow.

In the meantime, here are some pictures of food with salted egg varieties. I am dead.

Liu Sha Bao
Steamed custard buns from Hong Kong. Bite into these little fluffy things and you have yellow custard + salted egg yolk oozing out. So heavenly. (credits: Camemberu)
Mud Crab with Salted Egg yolk 
CHECK OUT THAT CRAB! (Credits: To Food With Love)
Salted Egg Yolk Prawns
'Nuff said. (credits: Her World)

Join the fun!


The "Weekly Wishes" link up rules are easy. 


1. Share your posts about your goals, challenges, or wishes for the week, month, year, decade, whateverPosts completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
2. Link back to this site so others can get their goal-setting on, too (You can use the button below!).
3. The most important rule of all! You MUST visit the person’s blog who linked up before you and leave them some motivating comment love. This is non-negotiable and is such an important part of this linkup! We are here to encourage each other to accomplish our goals. Let’s do this together! Can’t wait to visit your blogs and see what you’re wishing for this week!

x

2 comments:

  1. Who knew salted egg yolks could look so yummy! I'd love to try one, one day! I hope you have some tasty food adventures this week! Pomaika'i!

    -Remi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, you're making me hungry with these lovely food ideas! I've never heard of salted egg yolk before but now seeing that custard bun, I quite fancy the idea of seeing if I can find it in London!

    ReplyDelete