Saturday, July 20, 2013

My obsession with colourful, paper craft tapes.


I am super in massive love with these craft tapes. They come in all sorts of colourful patterns and they're so versatile! These could be used to decorate stationery, stick on letters to your penpal, pimp your notebooks and phone covers etc. An ex-colleague at our old workplace had her work keyboard pimped like the picture above! I used to have them on my MacBook too, but I peeled them off because they wore off and now waiting for new tapes for new designs. Unfortunately, these tapes are so expensive! Priced at a minimum $4, these tapes are a luxury I can only afford when it calls for a special occasion (e.g. retail therapy when depressed, maybe).

The factory where all these pretty tapes are produced is based in the western part of Japan. From what I read, the tour experience is simply MAGICAL. Visiting this factory definitely goes into my Japan bucket list (along with Tokyo Disneyland, Studio Ghibli, Pokemon Center.. and the soon to be opened The Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park, among others). 

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY COOL THINGS IN JAPAN?!

But, BUT. A washi tape expo will be in Singapore a week from now! I was told that it's the closest to being as good as a factory tour itself, thus I CAN'T WAIT!

26 July 2013 - 11 August 2013
ION Art Gallery
2 Orchard Turn, Level 4, ION Orchard
Nearest MRT: (really Singaporeans? this is a no-brainer)

P.S: Government cheese of $500 crediting into the accounts of most Singaporeans on 1st August.... which means.... HEHEHEHEHE. Gosh, I am so obsessed. 

2 comments:

  1. Them tapes got me crazin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow..can i be obsessed about it too? That looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete