Thursday, June 20, 2013

What I Ate Wednesday: Soy Burger


I am the kind of person who can't live without meat. Come on, my favourite food is steak. I need my red meat at least twice a week. I eat my greens, but I can NEVER get satiated with just salads, and couscous and other vegetable varieties.

Yesterday, my big sis suggested having lunch at Veganburg after a full morning of soaking in the pool. I was a little apprehensive, but baby sis and I agreed because we've never been there before. The whole concept of vegan dining isn't new to me; three years ago I was first introduced to Delivege by a friend... excellent food, all soy based. But unfortunately, the place is no more.

Truth be told, I had been pleasantly surprised by the experience!


The fries was yummy and not too salty, the buns were soft and flavourful and the lettuce was fresh, crisp and GREEN (unlike those sad things found in your McD burgers), the mushrooms and cheese were so delicious and the soy patty was a little something different. The texture was almost like meat, you can feel yourself biting on a bean occasionally, but otherwise.. it fills you up!

Big sister ordered the Chilli crab patty burger and compared to the ones me and baby sis had... It had a burst of flavour. Yummy. Plus, the set comes served in a mess tin! Just when I thought the only time I can eat off a mess tin is during camps, Veganburg just surprises me.


No comments:

Post a Comment