Friday, January 3, 2014

Welcoming 2014!



The countdown to 2014 was special because unlike last year when we were having a ton of fun in Koh Phangan, this year I was 35,000 feet up in the air, working. We cheered in the new year 4 times, starting with Cairns, Japan, Singapore and finally, Thailand to honour the nationalities of the 11 crew on board! While it was a quiet night on the aircraft, we were having a little private party amongst ourselves... non-stop eating.

Upon landing, we packed our swim wear and decided to head to the Great Barrier Reef. Unfortunately, we couldn't go without a reservation during this peak season and paying full price was out of the question for us. Oh well. There's always next time. 

Like 1st January 2013, I spent the new year sleeping the day away. When I finally came out from my cave that evening, I was in for a surprise. Hanging out in another person's room were two people I never expected to see or spend time with during this trip. 

Feeling a little under the weather, I was contemplating backing out on dinner plans with the crew that evening. A text from Huda ordering me to head to another person's room sent me crawling further into my blanket. But when she said, "COME. NOW." I had to go. Knocked on the door and met two people, Asri and Emily who were Huda's batchmates. THEN, I got distracted by two idiots grinning, and waving at me from the balcony. My jaw literally fell to the floor.

Best new year ever.

This was an hour after I said, "Hi, I'm Intan." Awesome crew.
With the Queen B

Headed to Woolshed for our customary dinner and at 9 pm, we decided to make full use of the night and have some fun. Despite the fact that we were three groups of people flying off to three different destinations the next day (mine and Huda being the luckiest cos we were going home) we agreed.

To Gilligan's we went! It was a bar/club/hostel combo, and a very good combo it was! Great atmosphere, great music... and great party. Well worth the torture we'd have to endure the next day.

 New year with the batchies Haziq and Mazlan, what more could I ask for! 
 Him: "Even when we're not buddy flying, it feels like we are. Let's just make it official this year lah."
I cannot imagine how much fun we're going to have together.

There's neither anything artistic about this post, nor were the photo quality blog worthy. But it's the people in these pictures that made the first day of 2014 one I'd remember for the rest of my life. Here's to a great start, and the next 362 (because this post is so overdue) days to come!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
AKEMASHITE OMEDETOU GOZAIMASU!
XING NIAN KUAI LE!
SELAMAT TAHUN BARU!
SAWADEE PEE MAI!

No comments:

Post a Comment