Sunday, October 6, 2013

Brunching at Jamie's


Because I felt bad I wouldn't be in Singapore for my bitch's birthday, I decided to take her to Jamie's Italian for lunch. We were finally going to check out what was all the fuss and hype about, besides it being owned by a celebrity chef.

The menu was rather extensive, we both had a difficult time trying to decide what to order. For appetisers we had their Posh Chips, which was a bowl of french fries topped with parmesan and topping them off with a generous drizzle of delicious truffle oil. Amanda got the Baked Salmon, while it was a toss between the Wild Truffle Risotto and Lamb Chop Lollipops for me. The latter won in the end.

I am the worst person to judge the taste of salmon because I have it home-baked/grilled/pan-fried once every week. If nothing captured the attention of my tastebuds, means it was good... but nothing to write home about.  My lamb chop lollipops though, were marvellous. Maybe a little too oily for my liking, but it was tender, with a slight charred taste and texture that I love and the flavour... mmmm, so rich.

For drinks, I had the day's special mocktail: Maroon 5. Unfortunately, it didn't come with Adam Levine (le sigh) but it was refreshing and good so I let that slide. For the life of me, I can't remember what was Amanda's cocktail, but she didn't think it was fantastic... so, no loss there. We skipped the dessert unfortunately. Maybe next time we'd try the ever popular panna cotta and the lemon meringue.

Good food, good atmosphere and vibes, and service. Would definitely head back there soon. Not so soon though, because even though the food is semi-affordable, I'm still not earning enough to live such lavish lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment