Tuesday, September 17, 2013

If I could relive this day...


It was more than just a memory. This day was, in my humble opinion, the most perfect day of 2012. It was the day where 12 friends who had been travelling far and wide for quite awhile, reunited on a single island.

The morning was a little angst-ridden, but the day got better as it rolled by. While we were having lunch, Farhan happened to ride by in his bike and catcalled at us, the way only a Singaporean would do to another Singaporean. It had been a month since I last saw him as he had been in Cambodia, travelling. I was thrilled to see him.

Later in the evening, Joey, who had been sketchy about his plans before, had showed up at the doorstep of the hostel we stayed at asking the boys if they had a charger. Him being there made everything just PERFECT.

It was a semi-relaxed night, chilling round the campfire at the beach and dancing to the tunes that seemed to escalate in intensity as the night wore on. Dinah and Helmi suggested getting a massage and I went with them. I will never say no to a massage in Thailand. Come on.

2 hours later, I stepped outside and Joey was waiting for me with two cups of... whatever it was. I stared at him, dumbfounded, couldn't believe he actually remembered our pact to 'chug' at least a drink down every time we saw each other (a pact that lasted even till today). We went back to the campfire, where we last left everyone else and found that nobody was there anymore. I craned my neck to look for the signs of a familiar face and I found them.... in the sea.

My friends were prancing around in the shallow waters, fully dressed and completely sober. Before I knew it, Farhan literally scooped me up and dunked me into the water with him. That idiot, thank God I managed to take out my phone from my pockets and dumped it with the rest of our belongings.

There was a whole load of drama that night, a lot of interesting stories unfolding and a lot of promises to keep mouths shut were made. But despite all that, it was a perfect night. I wouldn't mind reliving it all over again.



 Click here for more #Blogtember posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment