Tuesday, September 10, 2013

I am an Introverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving [ISFP] kinda girl


So I did this survey as part of the Blogtember challenge, I felt like I was back in secondary school again doing random quizzes on blogthings. I found the results to be quite an accurate representation of myself.. hence I am going to share the main points with you and how they relate to me.
ISFPs are the first to hear the different drummer. Many eagerly plunge into new fashions, avant garde experiences, 'hip' trends--some even setting the trends.
I like to follow trends, but prefer to stray away from the mainstream. A pinch of mainstream is good, but being too mainstream is boring. I don't really consider myself as a trend setter, I think I am more of a trend bastardiser (no such word, but hey.) For example, all the pretty girls have a t-shirt with a big, bold GEEK printed across their boobs, while I...

ISFPs live in the here and now... ISFPs often live out 'id' experiences rather than writing or even talking about them.
Truth. I don't know how to explain it, but I prefer to have a memory played out at the back of my mind's eye and 'live' it instead of writing them down in diaries or tell my friends about it. To some people, it seemed like I have no difficulties telling them about what has been going on in my life.. I just go on and on and on. But there are things I keep to myself.. even trivial, non-secretive stuff. Some things, I feel they are my experience.. and my experience alone.
ISFPs internalize their Feeling (by nature a judging function) which bursts out spontaneously and leaves as quickly and mysteriously as it came.
I can be quite random, and have a short attention span. I may be working on 2834203468235068 different things at once and not even getting anything done. That's one of my biggest weaknesses.
ISFPs have no desire to lead or control others, just as they have no desire to be led or controlled by others. They need space and time alone to evaluate the circumstances of their life against their value system, and are likely to respect other people's needs for the same.
In one of my assessments during Ground School, my trainer had remarked that I worked well in a team environment and have the confidence to step up and take a leading role if required. I only lead when circumstances call, or I am comfortable with riding in the back seat. I get quite annoyed when I am the one who have to make decisions all the freaking time, and in other situations some get annoyed with me for being the 'anything' kinda girl. Haha.
ISFPs tend to be quiet and reserved, and difficult to get to know well. They hold back their ideas and opinions except from those who they are closest to. They are likely to be kind, gentle and sensitive in their dealings with others. They are interested in contributing to people's sense of well-being and happiness, and will put a great deal of effort and energy into tasks which they believe in.
Do. Not. Laugh. You know who you are. For the people who know me in real life, it's hard for them to associate me with being quiet. Well, that's because you know me too well and I have nothing to hide. I take quite a while to warm up to people and secretly expect the same out of the other person too. I tend to get a little too overwhelmed when someone is TOO friendly with me during the first hour of knowing each other. Plus, like I mentioned before... there are things I just don't say. But I generally have good thoughts of everyone.. I like you, unless you step on my tail one too many times.

Hope I've shed some light about who I am as a person! I feel a little too exposed though. To the people who know me in the flesh, I hope the above reflects (somewhat) who you perceive me to be. Some feedback would be excellent, please. :D

Click here for more #Blogtember posts!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for ISFPs! :-)
    http://elliehuey.tumblr.com/post/60793766361/myers-briggs-isfp

    ReplyDelete