Monday, August 5, 2013

Weekly Wishes #4


Previous week's wishes:
❤ Read a new book
❤ Save pictures from Facebook
❤ Enjoy the last week of being jobless

I didn't say I would finish reading the book did I? Hee. Still halfway through The Tales of the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki, and it had been quite a journey. There were bits that were thought-provoking and others that made me chuckle to myself in the middle of the train...... but it's all good. I shall do a book review on it some time soon. 

I enjoyed the whole of last week to the fullest. Every single day had been packed with activities. From Sentosa hangout with Charlotte, sushi with Claudia, drinks with Julian, Christos, Vada and Ming to games night at Maureen's, it had been fun. More FB pictures to save!

WEEKLY WISHES #4
❤ Squeeze some Hari Raya visiting time
❤ Try not to kill anyone

❤ Squeeze some Hari Raya visiting time
Am super bummed because I'll be working through Hari Raya (Eid) this year. While everyone's out eating glorious food and visiting, I'll be cramming my brains with seemingly useful knowledge. Sunday will be our only day off, so hopefully I'd get to enjoy some festivities.

❤ Try not to kill anyone
It's gonna be a long, long ride for all of us. And some people are trying really, really annoying. I had to tell a half-truth today because one of them was being ultimate difficult. (Sorry my love, but I had to... It was effective, anyways.) But on the bright side, we're heading to Melbourne next Saturday for more gruelling training. FINALLY, I can fill this blog with more travel-related content. I miss going out to explore places. 

Are there any readers from Melbourne or who would be in town from next Saturday onwards? Let's meet up for drinks/coffee/lunch/date! :D

8 comments:

  1. Haha trying not to kill anyone is a good goal!!

    Glad you had a good week last week and I hope this one is just as positive and that you accomplish all of your goals.

    Can't wait to see your travel photos as they come up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed so hard at your "try not to kill anyone" goal! Sometimes I feel like I need that to be my goal all the time! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your "try not to kill anyone" I feel like that's everyday at work for me!! So good luck for it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is Hari Raya. I just came off of a week like you're about to have - so all the power and rest to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari Raya, or Eid is the day where Muslims celebrate after a month of fasting! It's a day of festivities, visiting and loads of yummy food! I'll be doing a feature on Hari Raya in a few days, so do check it out :D

      Oh... it's only Tuesday and I'm feeling the pinch already. Hahaha.

      Delete
  5. Nice goals! Especially the second ;) I hope you will be able to find some time to play and visit! It's always a bummer to miss out on the fun. And I know that annoying people can be especially difficult to deal with, but just try to distract yourself some way and take some deep breaths!!

    Wish I were going to be in Melbourne :( Can't wait to see your travel photos!

    xoxo Jess
    Foreign Room

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! Your picture looks delicious. Awesome job on accomplishing last week's wishes. Good luck with this week's. I hope your car rides get a little easier for the sake of those people and your sanity. Have a great week and can't wait to see the travel photos.

    Courtney
    Passionately Curious

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahah when your goal is not to kill anyone, you're sort of destined for success! Good luck with your week and I hope it all goes smoothly! xx

    Allie / callmesassafras.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete