Thursday, June 6, 2013

What I Ate Wednesday: CAMP edition [delayed]


I've been in Guides camp for the past two days hence I am a little late in posting WIAW. Getting to the point, how often do you get to eat in mess tins?

When I was a Guide, we used to be given a few ingredients and what we cook using camp stoves powered by fossil fuels or a fire pit dug out from a hole in the ground was up to our imagination. This is what we call Outdoor Cooking. I used to have a ball of time with my Patrol out in the sun for HOURS trying to light the damn fire.

Kids these days are way too pampered, and dependent on social media to try and go out into the sun to have a little fun. A little bit of hard work made them weak in the knees and a little telling off sent them running for the arms of their mummies and daddies.

Thank God for my upbringing.

Food in camp these days are catered. These kids are lucky that they'd only been allocated a few hours out of their 5 days of camp for their Outdoor Cooking. The dinner above is catered from the school canteen vendor. It's just rice and one meat and one vegetable but they were yummy. Of course they'd be yummy because everyone was STARVING after the full day of activities in the sun without proper lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment