Sunday, June 2, 2013

2013 Part Two : READY, SET, GO!

Just a couple of weeks ago, Jessica Kong and I were teasing Joey Chua about an unfulfilled bet we made in Koh Phangan on New Year. It was then he said, "Can you believe that that trip was almost five months ago?" Both Jess and I were stunned, realising how fast time seemed to fly. And in between that trip till now, what have I achieved?

Not much. Le sigh.

Hopefully things are going to take a turn for the better the next half of the year. I have great, great travel plans in store. A friend invited me to head to Ho Chi Minh for his birthday in July and I was THIS close to booking a flight when I realised it was Ramadhan. Great. So all trips had to be postponed till after 10th August.

My best friend is coming home from Birmingham in June though. She'd be staying till the end of August and we definitely want to take a trip together. She'd been complaining that I could travel EVERYWHERE but to UK. I wish the flight tickets were cheap, baby. I'd come to you any time.


The mopeds in Ho Chi Minh City are something I need to ride before I die.

SO this woman had never gone around Southeast Asia much, and I suggested heading to Ho Chi Minh because the flights are pretty cheap. We'd spend a day or two in the capital city before taking a train to Mui Ne, a place where there are both pretty beaches and sand dunes. I saw Serene's pictures on FB long ago and had fallen in love since.

 Mui Ne: A place where there are sand dunes.....
And clear water beaches!

Year end is going to be pretty exciting, Myanmar in November and Australia in December.

Plans are pretty sketchy for Myanmar as a couple of us are still waiting for the flight ticket prices to go down. From what I've heard, Myanmar is a pretty expensive place to go to. And VISA. God, the only bloody country in Asia, Singaporeans have to apply for a Visa. Meh. But my good friends been there and had a brilliant time, I wouldn't mind the trouble.


Bagan, Myanmar

Mandalay, Myanmar

 Inle Lake, Myanmar
Myanmar photo credits: Sean Chi

Some of my friends are planning to head to Chiang Mai for Loy Krathong this year, after the Myanmar trip. Chiang Mai is probably my favourite place in Thailand, and even though I want to head back... it's too bloody expensive. So I'll probably save Chiang Mai for next year or the year after. Maybe go from Bangkok and train up like the last time. Yikes.

Photo credits: weheartit

I will be spending the first half of December in Australia, mostly Melbourne because I have family there. But I am negotiating with my mum to let me take a weekend, or a few days to fly to Sydney to visit my ever the hipster good friend, Bibek. He was supposed to come back to Singapore in July, but he's too broke to fly... so I'm going to fly to Sydney JUST for him. I haven't seen the guy in AGES, I really, really, REALLY miss him tons, so I hope my plans work out.

Flinder's Street, Melbourne
Photo credits: Jim Dimo
Sydney Icons
Photo credits: Use It Info

In between, I am just going to slave my days away, earning tons and tons of money to pay for my never-ending urge to travel. I really wonder if there are any jobs that would pay me to travel around the world AND write. It'll be a dream come true. *hint hint* Maybe I should get the old crew together again and plan yet another awesome weekend in Malaysia or something. Those parties were epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment