Friday, November 22, 2013

Itching for a new adventure


... Or more like a getaway. I can't even remember the last time I had a proper holiday. Minus the weekend getaway to Batam with the parents, I think my last trip was to Hong Kong with Amanda in April. APRIL! That's a good half a year ago.

I may be on a plane to somewhere every other day, but trust me... it is different. Now I can officially say that travelling for work is exhausting, and nothing compared to travelling for leisure.

Travelling for work means being on a schedule. You need to work out the time to sleep, eat and squeeze in a little bit of social life.. and if you're lucky, some exploring. All that, while gearing up for your next work day. Travelling for leisure means getting up at whatever time you want, heading out to far away places and choose to stay out and party all night.. meeting new people, planning random adventures with them...... and the list goes on.

Don't get me wrong, I love my job. But I am getting a little stir crazy from being bound by work... and sleeping my off days away at home. I need to get out. Nowhere far, just out of this country for a day or two.

Bangkok, Bali, Phuket, Krabi.... Vietnam? The possibilities are endless.

I promised myself that I will stay away from Bangkok this year... But, the cheap everythings the place has to offer and the friends I can hang out with makes it difficult for me to resist. Plus, there's a cool new hostel I want to check out.

Decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment