Monday, September 23, 2013

Weekly Wishes #9


Previous week's wishes:
❤ Finish recording a song
❤ Take a test roll on le Diana Mini
❤ Cook something new
❤ WORK, I NEED WORK.

Last week had been pretty great. I managed to have just enough money to sustain me till payday, which is a GREAT accomplishment having to work with $600. 

It's the season to fall sick! I was down with the flu a greater part of last week and still am battling the sniffles. I am trying hard not to depend on my Blue Best Friend, but unfortunately, I have had to succumb twice this time. But I made some ground beef hash for lunch last week. It was YUMMEH and very, very satisfying. 

I am FINALLY going to do some travelling! This coming Thursday I will be Beijing-bound! Can't wait to get into the aircraft and learn something.. and do some exploring of course.

WEEKLY WISHES #9
❤ Drink at least 1.5 litres of water everyday
❤ Try at least ONE strange food in Beijing (and live to tell the story)
❤ Pack bags, prepare items for Beijing AND the following week
❤ Get at least 5 new blogger friends!

❤ Drink at least 1.5 litres of water everyday
I've seen this wish floating around blogosphere the past week and am inspired to do the same! I don't drink enough water sometimes, and my lips get chapped and broken and sore. It's going to be worst when I am in Australia the next couple of weeks as the weather there is significantly drier than hot, humid Singapore. I don't wanna get dry lips that escalated into painful rashes on my upper lip. That wasn't fun.

❤ Try at least ONE strange food in Beijing (and live to tell the story)
My friend Miao went to Beijing for New Year and told me how exciting Beijing city was. From the shopping to the strange food and the Great Wall, she recounted a couple of very interesting tales of her trip. One of which was when she tried eating a grilled starfish. She described the little morsel as 'sandy'. Halfway through the sandy experience, the lady who sold her the starfish yelled at her to peel off the skin first before eating. Needless to say, she didn't have a great experience with the starfish. 

❤ Pack bags, prepare items for Beijing AND the following week
It's gonna be an intensely packed month for me in October. Once I come back from Beijing, I have less than 24 hours to get ready for a week-long trip to Darwin.. with a stopover in Manila before making our way to Narita, TOKYO! Finally, my dreams of visiting Japan are coming true! I must make sure to pack extra sweaters since it's spring in Darwin and autumn in Japan. Don't want to have to buy warm clothings like I had to in Chiangmai because it got unexpectedly cold.

❤ Get at least 5 new blogger friends!
It's a little bit of a long shot... But, I am going to try. I am opening up my sidebar for you to place your ads, and the best part is... it is completely FREE! That's right. It's free and easy to advertise on my blog. Just drop me an email at yourdogatemyhair@gmail.com to indicate your interest. Do put 'BUTTON SWAP' in your header so it's easy for me to get back to you :)

Hope you have a smooth sailing week ahead!

4 comments:

  1. Intan, I have been knocked out with a cold all week too--definitely not a fun way to welcome fall :) I have also been working on the water thing. I always feel so much better if I drink a barrel of water each day but it's hard to get back into the habit! Also, I'm super excited to hear some of your music in the near future. Stopping by from Weekly Wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to start drinking some more water myself- it's hard on work days but has to get done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! great wishes - me being very inspired of them! :)
    water is such a healer! I try to drink as much as possible every day. Not always all goes fine, but oh well! The most important to do something about it, not only just wish it to happen! :)
    So yeah!
    Good luck for you!
    And looking so much forward to see how it all goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, I completely failed at trying to drink more water. But I have not given up yet!
    I would love to email you with a button, but have no idea where to start to make one.
    I'm guessing, this is how people make friends on here!?

    Have fun this week and in Beijing!

    Becky
    www.beckybrown91.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete