Sunday, August 4, 2013

On the last day of being unemployed I reflect...

It had been quite a time since I officially ended my contract at my previous workplace on 21st April. A few colleagues and I gathered at East Coast Park food centre for a very lovely seafood dinner. We said our goodbyes and that was it... I finally rode out my 2-year contract, the only constant in my life since I graduated in 2011.

Since then, in addition to sending my resume out to 49628506295625497 different companies (and not receiving any replies whatsoever), I've been spending a LOT of time with my friends... my family and of course myself.

It had been a tumultuous 3.5 months enjoying life, with an eye constantly at my depleting bank account. It really, really sucks to be broke. But hey, I could do whatever the hell I wanted: I could stay up all night and wake up late the next morning. I could make plans with whoever and whenever I want to... and I could go on trips by myself around the country and explore what Singapore has to offer. I could get this blog up and running.

'twas been a very productive semi-idyllic time.

Tomorrow I embark on a new journey. I landed myself in a career I've never ever dreamed of pursuing because, well... I'm me. Desperate times call for desperate measures. But I am thankful to Him for this opportunity. I'm living the dream!

Time to refill the juice in my bank account!

1 comment:

  1. All the best! I'd miss the random chats, and I'll be looking forward to lots of foreign photos. :D

    ReplyDelete