Wednesday, July 3, 2013

What I Ate Wednesday: Stuffed Mushrooms


Today's kitchen experiment features Broccoli and Cheese stuffed portobello mushrooms. It's so simple, inexpensive and... mildly healthy.


1 Red, juicy tomato + 1/2 an onion + a couple of mushroom stalks

Melt butter in pan, proceed to throw in the onions... toss it till it's translucent then add the mushroom stalks and broccoli. I experimented on two types of stuffing: with and without tomatoes.
My verdict below.

So, like I mentioned above, I experimented on two stuffings: one with tomatoes, and another without. Note to self: NEVER MIX BREADCRUMBS AND TOMATOES.
The stuffing with the tomatoes came out too wet and mushy for my liking, so Imma skip on the tomatoes. My best friend was right. If you add tomatoes to any kind of roast... it'll just turn the entire dish soggy. Overall, YUM!

On a side note: Today I learnt, I can't cook the perfect steak to safe my life. Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. I tried making this once, too, and it came out too wet and mushy as well. Maybe grilling would work better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should try! But I will never put tomatoes in my mushrooms ever again. Haha!

      Delete